I bought my first nice lens (the 85mm listed here) almost 10 years ago and I still love and use it. Camera gear is an investment. Some of the things we use are expensive, but when I can’t think of anything else I bought 10 years ago that I am still getting a lot of use out of today. Here’s our most loved and most used gear!
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III We use this camera for both photos and video.
- 35mm Our most versatile and most used lens. If you can only afford one lens to start with, we recommend this one.
- 17-40mm This is what I use for all my interior photos. This wide angle lens is great for rooms and small spaces. You can see some vacation photos we shot with it here.
- 50mm Jeremy’s most used lens. You can see a video he shot with it here.
- 85mm My favorite portrait lens.
- Wireless Remote Helpful for family selfies and tripod photos.
- Fuji Instax Mini My favorite instant camera. The film is affordable. I use this for every single party we ever host.
- Fuji Instax Wide The big sister to the Instax mini. I think it’s worth it to have both sizes. They’re just so fun!
In addition, we take SO MANY photos on our phones these days. I haven’t touched an app besides A Color Story in over a year. My favorite filters are Light Brite (from Essentials), Pop Song (from Good Vibes) and Joy Ride (from Chroma). If you haven’t tried A Color Story, it’s a free app.♥
If you have any questions, send me a message on Instagram! xx- Elsie